Prenatal Teacher Training
Begins September 2016- Just one spot remaining!
We are delighted to offer an incredible Prenatal Teacher Training with the inimitable Shana Celnicker-Chong . The program is a comprehensive immersion for 200-Hour certified teachers and beyond that wish to glean skills and wisdom about how to serve this community.
Featuring 85+ hours of content and teaching practicum spread over five months, when you are finished you will feel confident and able to support your pregnant students physically, mentally and emotionally. Each year, we gather a rich program of students, teachers, educators and birth professionals to deepen your knowledge of yoga and pregnancy beyond the "do’s and don'ts" of prenatal yoga. Fully accredited through Yoga Alliance, completion of the program will earn you the registration mark RPNT if you choose to register yourself.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments. Class size will be extremely limited!
These dates are tentative and subject to change.
One weekend per month on Friday 6-9pm, Saturday and Sunday 3-8pm, with visiting teachers and guest lecturers also TBA.
Working Dates for the 2016-17 Program:
Jan 13-15 (2017)
Feb 10-12 (2017)
Topics covered include:
- Intro to Pregnancy, Birth and Prenatal Yoga Philosophy.
- Ethics and Mythology in pregnancy, birth and yoga, and the history and culture of birth in America (and Portland.)
- Normal and abnormal pregnancy, physical and emotional health of the mother, and common complaints and issues.
- Optimal fetal position, techniques in asana, alignment and beyond for optimal fetal position.
- Energetics of birth and the pelvic floor. Structural alignment, pelvic floor, core support, and anatomy.
- Practical applications of structural techniques within the flow of a yoga class.
- Practical Methodology, sequencing and a toolbox of templates for class structures.
- Caring for postpartum mothers, physically and emotionally, and how to use resources and referrals.
- Structural integrity of the postpartum body, and the Mama and Baby class.
- Ayurveda and post-partum self-care
Monicka Koneski, LMT
Danielle Hanna, Ayurveda and Pregnancy
Other Guest lecturers TBA
The cost for the program is $1495, and a $295 non-refundable deposit will hold your space. There is a small discount for cash/check payments up front. Class size is extremely limited, and payment plans are available.
Applications are available by clicking the link above. Please note there is a $25 application fee.
There are a limited number of apprenticeships available after the program ends. Please talk to Shana individually at email@example.com about apprenticeship if you are interested.